Wednesday 28 October 2015

Book Review: Zeke by Wodke Hawkinson



Zeke is a psychological thriller and is a very chilling and disturbing read. It is a dark story of sexual obsession, twisted motives, and evil. There were elements about it that made me cringe in horror.

The story is about Sue. A young and insecure woman who meets and is seduced, quite cleverly, by a handsome man, Zeke. Zeke seems to have it all. He is charming, confident and good looking. From the onset, it's apparent that he is up to no good. He is dangerous and cunning as he plays with the emotions of lonely and vulnerable people.

As the story progresses, his psychopathic personality comes to light. Everything he does is scary; the things he makes Sue do and how he manipulates her is chilling.

In the case of Zeke, beauty is skin deep. He is truly a scary and disturbing character. At times, I had to stop reading as the scenes were too gruesome. I felt I couldn't abandon Sue, and I kept going till I got to the end. This well-written story is certainly not for the weak-hearted. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reading our book and taking the time to review it. We appreciate it very much!

    ReplyDelete