Monday 19 October 2015

Book Review: Shallow Waters by Rebecca Bradley



When the naked, battered body of an unidentified teenager is found dumped in an alleyway, post-mortem finds evidence of a harrowing series of events.

Another teenage death with the same MO pushes DI Hannah Robbins and her team on the Nottingham City division Major Crimes Unit, to their limits, and across county borders. In a race against the clock they attempt to unpick a thick web of lies and deceit to uncover the truth behind the deaths.

But it doesn't stop there. When catching a killer isn't enough, just how far are the team willing to push themselves to save the next girl?



Shallow Waters by Rebecca Bradley is a really great read. It is fast paced, has great characters and a compelling yet dark storyline. It is about Detective Inspector Hannah Robbins and her team who are on the hunt for a killer. A killer who abducts, abuses, and murders young teenagers.

The tension builds with each page. So does the anxiety. The pressure, the suspense, the emotions of the characters and what they go through, all drew me in. I read the book as if I was part of DI Hannah's team. As the urgency to find the killer intensified, so did my need to keep reading. When I got to the end, I felt relieved but, I also felt extremely sad.


This well-written and disturbing story had me hooked right from the beginning. I look forward to another DI Hannah mystery.



Copyright Tia J. Lee 2015
All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment