Wednesday 8 April 2015

Book Review: Fear Me by B.B. Reid



Fear Me by B.B. Reid is the first instalment of the Broken Love series. It is a dark and twisted tale. It is a tale about Lake Monroe who has been bullied since the age of eight by Keiran Masters. 

There is plenty of hatred, fear and desire between the two and though Lake wants to be left alone, knowing full well that Keiran's hate for her is off the charts, she can't stay away and is conflicted by her emotions of love and fear. Keiran is an Alpha male through and through and so are those closest to him. He is a complex man with a lot of anger, ruthlessness and secrets. He gets what he wants by playing mind games and he won't shy away from blackmailing Lake by threatening all she holds dear.

There is a lot of suspense and drama and as I kept reading, things became clearer. What was good to see was how Lake evolved from being terrified and weak to becoming a strong and determined woman, standing up for herself and what she believes in.  As the story unraveled, you also begin to understand how Keiran became this cold, angry bully. Not only that, I started to connect and care for Keiran and felt sorry for all he had to endure in his young life irrespective of the fact that he is the worst kind of person for doing what he did to Lake. Twisted right?

Though I found myself totally and absolutely engrossed in the story I must admit that I found their ages hard to take in. For teenagers, they were pretty intense and were unlike eighteen-year-old kids I know of.  Even with the issue of their age, I enjoyed Fear Me which ended with a cliff-hanger. I must admit that I am curious to see what happens next. 




Copyright Tia J. Lee 2015
All Rights Reserved.